the mather way
- BELIEVE in yourself and never stop trying.
- RESPECT and celebrate everyone’s differences.
- ENCOURAGE others to do their best.
- USE kind words to solve problems.
- TREAT all property with respect.
At the Mather, we believe that college begins in kindergarten. By the time our students graduate from the Mather, our goal is that each child has acquired the skills, knowledge and habits that will ultimately lead him/her to college. This approach includes:
- 90 minutes of literacy (daily)
- 75 minutes of math (daily)
- weekly participation in physical education, art, music, computers and library
- nightly homework assignments beginning in kindergarten
- expectation of 20 minutes of home reading each evening
- after-school tutoring program